- Trach changes monthly per RT or MD (MD should perform first trach change).
- Trach care q nursing shift and PRN.
- Change inner cannula q nursing shift and PRN.
- Change trach gauze dressing q nursing shift and PRN.
- Change trach ties PRN.
- Suction trach PRN with a french sterile suction catheter using sterile technique.
- Resuscitation bag with mask at bedside (requirement by the state).
- Extra same size trach and a size smaller trach at bedside (an extra trach at bedside is required by the state).
- Aerosolized humidity to the trach via trach collar.
- Change aerosol equipment and tubing every 72 hours or per facility policy.
- Venturi device for transport at bedside.
- Functional suction machine and suction catheters at patient bedside (requirement by the state).
- O2 tank at bedside.
*Number all recommendations on all assessments.
*Make all orders as short and direct as possible.
*Fill out assessment sheet in its entirety.
* On the assessment sheet, utilize the section RT procedures/equipment checked to document procedures you have performed or equipment you have provided or confirmed that is present at the patient bedside.
*The respiratory evaluation should contain pertinent and factual data concerning the patient. Refrain from using personal opinions in the assessment.